MBA in International Hospitality & Service Industries Management (MBA, Berufsbegleitend)
Glion Institute of Higher Education / MBA in International Hospitality & Service Industries Management im Detail
The MBA program is designed for young, motivated service industry professionals and hospitality graduates who want to develop their higher-level management skills to address contemporary challenges and business development practices. To give graduates the best value for their programme, Glion has designed an innovative curriculum that combines the standard MBA courses of strategic management with a core selection of courses for the following specialisations:
- Leadership: To analyze, improve and develop the processes and services within your future organization, this track prepares you to enter the industry with confidence and concrete management tools for business growth and development.
- Marketing: The world of marketing is fast evolving, so this track covers the most recent developments in marketing activities and gives you the capacity to integrate your best ideas and practices into a framework for analyzing and improving your organizations marketing activities.
- The Dissertation: Completed during the programme, the master’s dissertation is an excellent learning tool for developing discipline and personal working habits, the resulting work will allow you to leave Glion with concrete examples of your research and project-management capacities.
- Preparatory Knowledge Programme (PKP)
- Managerial Communication
- Economics for Business
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Applied Business Project
- Global Strategic Management
- Managing Service Operations in the Evolving Business Environment
- Human Resources Management
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Managerial Finance and Accounting
- Hospitality Services and E-Marketing Solutions
- Revenue Management
- Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Brand Management
- Design Management and New Product Development
- Managing Organizations, Ideas and Growth
- Managing Technologies, Operations and Processes
- Challenges of Leadership
- Cross-Cultural Management of Teams and Projects
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
- Applicants must have a Bachelor Degree, preferably in hospitality, tourism or event management, business degree, or equivalent qualification.
- TOEFL: minimum score 575 or 250 for the computer scoring system or 100 for the internet based test.
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate: min Grade B
- I.E.L.T.S. minimum of 6.0 in all 4 sub-components
If English is your mother tongue, or if you have spent 3 years in an English-taught school you will not need an English certificate. All English certificates must have been issued in the last 12 months prior to admission.
The institution maintains a rolling admissions policy. This means that the applicants credentials are evaluated as soon as the application form is received, with all the pertinent information. A decision is normally reached within three weeks of reception. Students who require a visa to study in Switzerland are advised to apply a minimum of 8 weeks before the programme start date which is close to July 20th every year.
As a private institution, Glion Institute of Higher Education does not offer scholarships to new students. Partial merit-scholarships and payment plans can be offered to assist students who need limited financial support to participate in the programmes.
The best proof of Glion’s dedication to producing highly qualified managers comes from its reputation and industry placement statistics. First, the ranking survey which confirmed “in a global survey of 5-star hotel hiring managers, Glion was ranked number 2 among all international hospitality management schools for an international career. Statistically, three institutes occupy this ranking position.” (TNS Global Survey, September 2010).
Secondly, GIHE’s graduates are in high demand! Students received an average of 3.5 job interviews, allowing 88.4% of graduates to secure a contract or multiple offers on graduation day. The following chart shows the areas where new graduates began working.
- Master of Business Administration an der SRH Fernhochschule – The Mobile University
- General Management MBA in Kooperation mit der TU Wien an der Donau-Universität Krems
- MBA in General Management an der Euro-FH
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) an der FOM Hochschule für Oekonomie & Management
- MBA Digital Production Management an der Leuphana Universität Lüneburg - Professional School
- MBA Performance Management an der Leuphana Universität Lüneburg - Professional School
- MBA in General Management an der LCBS - Lake Constance Business School
- Mannheim Full-Time MBA an der Mannheim Business School
- Mannheim Part-Time MBA an der Mannheim Business School
- Master of Business Administration an der International Graduate Center Hochschule Bremen